TMJ Digs Deeper
The Dig Deeper Construction Industry Adventure Race was successfully completed by a team of four from TMJ- Laura Quick, Andy King, Mark Hazell and Danny Bayford.
The race was a challenge; the team had to plan their own route around the Cumbrian hills through five stages, to gain points by passing as many check points as possible.
- Stage one- Fell running across mountainous terrain, exceeding 250m above sea level for 2 hours.
- Stage two- 4km cycling ride up and down the winding paths of Cumbria to a surprise specialist activity!
- Stage three – Trekking to a waterfall- the water element.
- Stage four – Rock Climbing, up a live waterfall, which was very cold and very slippery! TMJ scored top points as all members reached the top!
- Final stage- 2 hour cycle along multi terrain, with a bike sprint to the finish up a mountain pass which was unbelievably steep!
40 teams from across the construction industry entered the challenge including McAlpines, Lendlease, Arup, Careys, AHMM, Stanhope, Derwent London and Multiplex. TMJ raised over £1,700 for the charities Anthony Nolan and 353.
We competed against the fittest in the industry on foot, bike and water, traversing some of Britain’s most spectacular scenery and toughest terrain! It was a fantastic Team TM effort where we finished 22nd, a big improvement on last year’s result.